Sunday, November 21, 2010

I.M.F.

There was a lot of fuss this week about IMF and the country losing the run of itself (literally). I really cannot see why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist. The gormless idiots that slowly ran the countries financial side into the ground are now being dictated to by some slick group called the ‘International Monetary Fund’. This might limit their idiotic leadership decisions in the future. Any group who are allowed to have the word International in their title are sure to be good at what they do. Lets hope they sort the place out because our lot sure bloody can’t.

I appreciate that some people are in a rage about the country losing its true independence. If I’m being honest I think the notion of patriotism is for morons. It’s basically having the conviction that your country is the greatest because you happened to be born in it. Someone I know said that the government today is lucky the leaders of the rebellion in 1916 aren’t still around. I’m not so sure; they’d be about 130 by now. And Michael Davitt only had one arm. I don’t know about you but I think I’d fancy my chances against a one armed 130 year old. That said, if they were around today they’d be exactly the same as today’s leaders; swanky, spoiled fat cats. Politicians are a product of their time and society. It’s no wonder that the group that took power during the countries most luxurious era weren’t hungry enough to ensure future prosperity. Maybe our lot would be better suited to the rebellion era. I know Brian Cowen would be handy in a fight, sure isn’t he a big mullucker from Offaly as broad as he’s tall? If they needed a heavy weapons guy, I’m sure they could give Willie O’Dea a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment